The Hill

I am coming down the hill in the morning
the morning dew fresh and light
people gather as I pass their tents
the shouts grow louder
"Hosannah to the Son of David"

I am coming down the hill
the cold night boring deep into my soul
soldiers at my side
I am tied to prevent escape
though escape is not on my mind.

I am coming down the hill
I have been betrayed by my friends
into the hands of those who want me dead
They call me a messiah, and I am
just not the one they were expecting

I am coming down the hill
a crossbeam over my shoulders
someone called Simon helps the load
we arrive at Gehenna
it means hell, little do they really know

I am looking down the hill
The pain drains my life
The darkness closes in
Heaven and Earth break down
The Father weeps for a Son

I am coming down the hill
A hill that none have seen
The barricades of hell fall down
The rescue is made
I am the light which the darkness cannnot hold

I am coming down the hill
Mary runs ahead to tell my friends
A new world is dawning
Heaven and Earth are reconciled
The Father greets the Son.


Popular posts from this blog

The first shall be last and the last shall be first

commitment, ours and Gods.....

One small step. – A revolution in being