The Garden

The Garden
Prayer;
I don’t want to be here
My insides convulse with fear;
Is there a way out?
What if I just walk away?

Prayer;
I can’t sleep, I hear every sound;
Senses on red alert
The snoring of my friends
Father how can they sleep?

Prayer;
Father, I know your will
We are one.
Angel whispers; “Do not be afraid”
The tempter retorts, “Walk away”

Prayer;
NO!!!
My cry wakes Peter from a slumber
I am sweating blood; I am cold – shivering
Torches approach up the hill – it is coming.

Prayer;
Father hold me close; Spirit fill me
We are one
Judas.  A kiss. A scuffle.  A sword flashes
One more healing – My friends run away
It is done.



©  Colin Waldock April 2014

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism