Immanuel

Part 3 of my Christmas meditations:

Angel song covers a mother’s cries of pain
I am born of my own creation
Fully human, just like you
Frail and fragile
To suffer pain, just like you
To feel hunger, just like you
To be tempted, just like you
To be reviled, just like you
To cry, just like you
To be betrayed, just like you
To suffer, just like you
To die, just like you

But I created death and I am with you now
When you suffer pain, I am with you
When you hunger, I am with you
When you are tempted, I am with you
When you are reviled, I am with you
When you cry, I am with you
When you are betrayed I am with you
When you suffer, I am with you
When you die, I am with you

As the angels sing, so I sing too
‘Do not be afraid, I am with you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism