Herod

The angel came again last night
No choirs of heaven
A silent whisper in the night
"Move the child"
Where?
"Move the child - danger!"

We listened before
We will listen again
Fear fills my soul
He didn't say "Do not fear"
He said "danger"
Move the child

We left at dawn
as fast as we could
leaving our family and friends
to God knows what
Fear drives us onwards
Fear for ourselves, dread for our friends

Hidden just over the border
Refugees at large
We hear of the killing
innocents slaughtered
my sisters raped and butchered
the village razed

All for the child
I look into his eyes
sadness and love reflected
tears fall on tiny cheeks
oh Lord, my Lord
Asleep in my arms


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism