A creed in 5 minutes

Two days ago I attended a study day for the worship and local  preachers course:  As a mentor I wanted to keep myself up to date on what our students are having to learn, and I found it very interesting.  One of the tasks we were asked to accomplish was to write a creed in about 5 minutes.  It’s a tall order but the one I created I thought I would share:


I believe in God
I believe that Jesus is God incarnate
I believe that the Holy Spirit is God in word and breath
I believe in the birth, life and death of Jesus
I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead by God
I believe that the Holy Spirit was released globally at Pentecost
I believe that the Church’s role is to build the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven
I believe that creation will be healed in the fullness of time


Amen

Popular posts from this blog

commitment, ours and Gods.....

Who is Your God?

Trust in God, Trust also in me