Psalm 42 for the 21st Century

I am dying of thirst for God
Not any old God but the real one
The living one
Where has he gone, where can I find him?

I am enveloped with sadness and tears
People mock me daily, where has your God gone?
Your church is dying..
I remember when the churches used to be full
When people could talk about God naturally

Come on my soul, don’t be downcast
Can’t you trust in God, the Living God
We shall praise him despite everything
Despite all the doubters

When your people have forgotten you
Do you think creation will forget you
From the trees to the oceans
From the stars to the rocks

Put your hope in God
For he is trustworthy and I will sing again

Praises to my saviour and my God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism