A psalm for the 21st Century life

Exhaustion
mental or physical, chicken or egg
trapped by a rat race.
Extra hours, no lunch
smart phones
no time for family or pleasure.
Work work work

Felled by my own success
called to a stop,
an inability to go on.
So I'll get off the rat race
that I didn't think I was on!
I will listen again to the ryhthms of life

I am plain exhausted
in body mind and spirit
can't think, can't plan.
What can I do?
R'n'R the doctor says
and on a bleak November day
I manage "Clementine" on the keyboard
small shoot of recovery?

The only word from God is
"Rest in my arms"
Lord God, creator of all
hold me safe as I rest
hold me safe as I accept your love
wash me again in your Grace

(c) Colin Waldock  12.11.2015

Popular posts from this blog

The first shall be last and the last shall be first

commitment, ours and Gods.....

One small step. – A revolution in being