SERVICE AT SWANSCOMBE 22/4/12

Following a positive Local Preacher support meeting on Wednesday when it was proposed for me to progress to being on trial subject to a satisfactory trial service, I led the service this morning at a church at Swanscombe.  it was an old building and a small congregation mostly elderly folk with one young couple and one young mother (the only non white person in the congregation) who attended with her two young children

Though the service flowed OK, I forgot to include the Lords Prayer.  This was because I have always linked the Lords Prayer with the intercessory prayers slot and I had delegated this to someone else.  Learning Point - I need to maintain my awareness of the service as it happens so that I can insert/adapt as required.  It remains my sole responsibility.  I felt that the start of the service was a bit stuttery on my part.  I wonder why that was as I felt I had prepared very well.  I think that having not been to the church before it was quite a shock when I arrived and it made me wonder whether I had prepared the right kind of sermon or service for that particular group. 

in concusion, I am satisfied that I am improving, however I need to relax more when leading the worship.  It is difficult when being in a place with so few people, when in a way it demands a more relaxed worship, sitting in a semi circle with a guitar would perhaps be more appropriate rather than piped music.

I oviuosly need to remember the Lords Prayer.

I look forward to John's review this coming thursday, when we are meeting to discuss our next service 6/5 at Tonbridge Rd Maidstone and to work through Unit 2.

The feedback from he congregation after the service was again polite and positive.  Although I felt that the songs I had chosen did not quite fit the group, they themselves liked the choice as they new them all..

one of the readers felt that the service flowed very nicely and that the sermon was good.  I spoke the the mother of the two young children and was able to assure her that it was they that were the future of our churches and that she should never be embarrassed if they walk around during the service, it is up to the church to accomodate and welcome young children and make the message relevant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism